Three Days of Perseid Meteor Shower in 60 Seconds
Shot on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night in Joshua Tree National Park during a timelapse workshop.
This footage still includes some light pollution and interference from nearby cars. I might edit those out given more time. For now, enjoy the timelapse:
Please note that not all light trails in the shots are meteors. Some are air planes crossing the sky. You can tell by the length and direction of the light trails. Air planes go all the way through and come for any direction.
- Shot on a Canon 6D with 14 and 16 millimeter wide angle lens
- One axis camera movement with a Kessler CineSlider
- Shot Friday, Satuday and Sunday night in Joshua Tree Park around Geology Road, Skull Rock and Ryan Mountain
- 25-30 second exposure, ISO between 2500 and 4000, 28-33 second intervals, over 4-6 hours each (about 15 hours total)
- 1878 RAW files for all three sequences
- Color corrected RAW files in Lightroom
- Reduced flicker in LR Timelapse and Adobe After Effects
- Reduced noise in Adobe After Effects
Thanks to Henry Jun Wah Lee from Evosia Photography for this amazing workshop. It far exceeded my expectations. Original music written and composed by my beautiful wife Dawna Ara.